The broadcast industry is undergoing a major transformation with viewers embracing anytime-and-anywhere TV consumption. The proliferation of different devices (e.g., TVs, tablets, PCs, and smartphones) and different networks (pay TV, over-the-top, and mobile) calls for an increasing number of video formats that need to be efficiently and reliably delivered to consumer screens.
ATEME’s Multi-screen Solution addresses this challenge for content distributors and Pay-TV operators with a focus on the End User’s quality of experience, and especially video quality at the lowest bitrates. Other highlights of the solution include a wide interoperability with current and forthcoming viewing devices, and system scalability in terms of TV channels, VOD catalogue expansion, and number of output profiles supported.
ATEME Multi-screen offering features
• Real-time or off-line processing for Live TV, VOD and Catch-up services across multiple devices.
• Fit in established managed network delivery environments – IPTV, Satellite, and Cable – as well as the adaptive Over-The-Top delivery playground.
• Close integration and interoperability with ecosystem partners such as content storage, conditional access systems/DRM, automated content verification, or CDN platforms.
• Lower costs of Video Head End through easy integration with northbound network/content management systems.
ATEME unique benefits
• Best-of-breed video quality and bandwidth efficiency
• Outstanding processing density
• Production of streaming and adaptive streaming profiles
• Interoperability with all widespread end-user devices • Scalable and future-proof Intel®-based architecture
• Convergence of live and off-line workflows on the same platform